Who Am I?
Kevin is a people person and has a natural commitment to the Lutz Law Offices philosophy of “helping make things right.” Kevin has an extensive background in litigating family, domestic violence, and sexual assault.
Clients facing litigation involving family disputes, divorce, custody, domestic violence and/or sexual assault, and immigration issues not only need assistance with the litigation/legal aspects of the issue(s), but also the emotional aspects as well.
Kevin brings many years of experience to the table, including serving as commissioner pro tem for the Pierce County Superior Court.
Kevin has received awards for his service in the areas of domestic violence and sexual assault, but Kevin is most proud of his award for his professionalism from the American Inns of Court. The reason for this is that Kevin was nominated by two separate trial court judges who did not know that each of them was nominating Kevin!
When you think about the number of attorneys that appear before a trial judge over an extended period of time, this is quite the feat!
- Gonzaga University School of Law; Juris Doctor
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey; Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
- American Inns of Court Trustee 2015-2016.
- Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association Family Law Section, Trustee 2012 – 2013, Vice President/President elect 2013, President 2014, Family Court Liaison 2013 – 2014, Past President-TPCBA FLS Liasion 2014 – Present, Local Rules Committee 2013 – 2014
- WSBA Family Law Executive Committee, Trustee, 2012 – Present, Treasurer 2013 – Present
- Pierce County Volunteer Legal Services, Trustee 2013
- YMCA Moot Court Competition, Volunteer Judge, 2007 – 2012
- Seattle University School of Law Appellate Competition,
- Volunteer Judge, 2006 – 2007
- Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association – Family Law Section “Attorney of the Year” 2009
- Hon. Robert J. Bryan Chapter of the American Inns of Court “2011 Civility Award”
Kevin is originally from New Jersey. After working as a certified automobile technician for 10 years Kevin decided that he wanted to pursue a more fulfilling career.
Having always been a “people person” and anxious to help people in need, a career in law seemed like a good fit! Upon graduation from Rutgers University, cum laude, Kevin traveled to Spokane, WA, to attend Gonzaga University School of Law. After receiving his Juris Doctorate from Gonzaga, Kevin opened his own practice in Tacoma, WA.
Still feeling unfilled with his commitment to public service, Kevin spent 12 years working as the Director/Attorney for the YWCA Pierce County before returning to private practice with Lutz Law Offices, P.S.